Friday, September 4, 2009

Things I should be better at:

Hangry. I didn't coin it, but I am living it. It is the perfect word to describe how I feel... hungry, angry, frustrated, disappointed. I should have done MUCH better when I picked out my groceries, I should be a MUCH better cook than I am, and I should pay MUCH closer attention to the volume of food I buy and what things go to waste. I have yet to use my remaining money, partly because I don't trust myself to get the right stuff. Josh says to buy peanut butter, which I LOVE, so that's probably the route I'll go.
It is frustrating to know that decisions are already made for me. On a fixed income, I don't even have the chance to weigh in on whether or not I am craving a steak for dinner. Which, by the way, I am always game for a steak dinner. Makes no difference, I can't afford it. Or, what about making a birthday cake for a friend? Not in the budget. Even contemplating buying a bag of chips and salsa requires calculators and calendars. And it doesn't help that the "Fried Butter" story is all over the media. Fried butter, that's just wrong. But, not as wrong as oatmeal.
With the holiday weekend staring me in the face, I gotta get out of my food funk and focus on the good stuff around me.... and hope that Justin will buy me another fountain soda.

No comments:

Post a Comment