Wednesday, September 2, 2009

New Recipe

Well, I wanted a break from the tuna so I decided to tackle my on-the-fly pasta recipe and I have to say this was tasty! It could be delicious with more ingredients but this meal(s) was the one I was least looking forward to and it turned out great! Pretty easy too, just follow the steps below:

1. Boil 1 package of whole wheat, angel hair pasta (I think it was the 13.25oz package) until done and then drain

2. Boil 1# of lentils until done and then drain

3. Combine the lentils and the pasta

4. Open two cans of black beans (15.25 oz cans) and dump into the pasta and lentils, DO NOT drain as the juice adds to the flavor.

5. Salt to taste.

This made a HUGE amount of food! I had 1.5 plates or probably 3.5 cups by the eyeball method and I had all I wanted! To be completely accurate, I swept about 1/2 cup back into the pot because my eyes were bigger than my stomach. Interestingly enough, I can usually eat two heaping plates of spaghetti and meatballs but this dish filled me up quick. I still have 3 qts. or 1/2 of my 6 qt pot left. Typically, I just refuse to eat pasta unless it has a ton of meat in it because it just makes me really tired, really quick and about the time I pep back up, I'm hungry again. This was different, I ate ~2 hours ago, no food coma, and I'm still just right as far satiety. I'm having this for lunch tomorrow and probably for at least two meals on the weekend. An easy-to-prepare dish on the cheap, that's loaded with fiber, protein, and quality carbs; I need to cook more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment