Thursday, September 3, 2009

Blah.

Here's my quick and easy recipe for bland chicken, potato, and green beans:

Put butter in a pan. Put chicken breast in the pan, too. Add salt and pepper. Fry.
Put potato in the microwave for 7 minutes. Take it out, put small amount of butter on it.
Open can of green beans, drain, rinse, put in microwave safe bowl and cook.

Put all items on a plate, eat them. Stare angrily at oatmeal cannister.

This was my dinner last night. I broke open the cherry tomatoes and had four, conserving what I have left to last me through the next couple of days. I still have around $3 to spend (taking into account that no sales tax is included in the SNAP program, and I under spent initially.) I want to make sure I pick the right item. I am going to have to pester Josh to give me some ideas, something healthful and affordable.

3 comments:

  1. I loved that you stared down the oatmeal. I can relate! I actually put a banana in my oatmeal this morning and it was better, but still paste.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am craving bananas. Josh said I should go get some peanut butter, do you think that would taste alright in oatmeal? Probably not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Def. PB in oatmeal. It's a secret I heard from Mark Bittman and I'd highly recommend it!

    ReplyDelete