Wednesday, September 2, 2009

HUNGER HEADACHE OR IS THE BOTOX WEARING OFF?

Before I left work yesterday, I made a pact with my co-workers – that we can’t get angry with each other – which is what I predict might happen if people (especially me) get grumpy from being hungry or just not eating like they normally would. Everyone taking the challenge wound up being a bit hungry yesterday. I know I missed my little snacks throughout the day. Even popping a few anti-oxidant rich chocolate chips in the afternoon would have done me wonders, triggering my endorphins and giving me a much-needed energy lift.

I actually had a bit of a headache on the drive home from work – was it due to hunger? – my Botox wearing off? – or, to thinking about all of the ways I could prepare eggs?...poached, scrambled, a frittata, egg salad (using those little packs of mayo and relish in the fridge at work), or omlet-ed?

As soon as I got home, my handful of Trek mix (almonds and dried blueberries, cranberries and golden raisins) tasted as good as the Popsicle that was the first thing given to me to eat after my daughter was born! – My water had broke at midnight and when I got to the hospital, I was thirsty but didn’t stop at the drinking fountain. Big mistake – Huge! Nothing but ice chips here and there until the next morning when they let me have a Popsicle for breakfast.

For dinner, I made quinoa and topped it with marinara sauce and tried to melt the soy mozzarella over the top. It was kind of bland, although the quinoa at the bottom of the pot was overcooked and kind of crunchy, which I liked. Wished I had some freshly grated parmesan. I also had a deep, deep craving for lemonade.

Cooked a sweet potato, which I’ll use later today when I mix it with some black beans and pineapple tidbits. I do plan to add a bit of curry powder from the kitchen cabinet.

Had a thnack. A PBJ without the J - the $5 dollar a jar of red rathpberry/pomegranate jelly from Franthe that I’m accuthtomed too, and altho without the bread or even crackerth – not on my grothery litht for the week. Very DRY!

For a late night snack, I had French vanilla low-fat yogurt with pineapple tidbits and Trek mix. It was very good, but I began to wonder if my yogurt would last me through the end of the challenge.

Breakfast this morning was the multigrain cereal, black raspberries, Trek mix, a sprinkling of flax seeds and a dollop of the yogurt. I can see that this is going to be my best, heartiest, most fulfilling meal of the day throughout the challenge.

It’s almost noon and I’m hanging in there….

No comments:

Post a Comment