Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Enjoying beans and tortilla's

I started my first day of the Hunger challenge yesterday. I was fortunate to pick the 7 days I wanted to do this project, something every day people who go hungry don't have the luxury of doing. This is my first wake up call! I normally shop at Trader Joe's or Schnucks but knew that my 29 dollars wouldn't go very far at these stores. I shopped around prior to starting this and realized Aldi's was my best choice. I am also looking for coupons, something I normally throw away. This shouldn't be a convenience but a necessity. I am taking Josh's advice to purchase oatmeal, peanut butter, beans, pink canned tuna, pasta and then will also use vegetables from my garden. I personally love spicy food and know that it kicks my metabolism up a notch so I will be throwing jalapenos in everything I eat..well maybe not spicy oatmeal! Hmmm..you never know. I feel great empathy towards those who have to eat this way regularly. I already have co-workers asking me if I'm going to be grumpy or less productive. I don't have an answer for them yet but I'm hoping to maintain my positive and energetic attitude....the next 6 days will tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment