Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Impact

I am glad I don't have to "think" so much about my food choices today. I am thankful I can eat when I am hungry and not be concerned with choosing a food that fills me up the most, yet costs the least. I am really happy I can eat out with friends and not envy the fact that I can't participate in the same social food-centered outings.

I know this challenge was only 1 week, but it was a challenge. The experience is still very fresh in my heart and mind, but I hope I don't forget when working with future clients some of the lessons I learned.

This challenged affected not only those who participated and blogged, but it touched everyone that we came into contact with. Many eye opening conversations occurred this week between myself and my family and friends. There were many "wows" when people learned about how little those who use food stamps are allocated.

Thank you to Food Outreach for this great hunger challenge event, and thank you for making me a more resourceful, creative, and sensitive Dietitian.

No comments:

Post a Comment